Awaken your unique leadership potential and step into your power.
If you’re ready to play a bigger game, step up into your own power and awaken your true leadership potential, this is your opportunity. If you’ve ever wanted to do something that makes a difference, that changes who you are and who you could be, then AWAKEN is what you need.
AWAKEN is an out-of-the-box learning experience designed to drive change from within, that catalyses both personal and professional breakthroughs, and allows you to truly experience what you’re capable of whilst helping to solving one of the world’s biggest moral issues of our time – hunger and poverty.
Anyone can be a leader. Your job title plays no part in this. This is a very personal journey of discovery that will ignite endless possibility, help you grow, smash your fears
Come to Ghana with us in August 2020!
“The Hunger Project leaders programme is both humbling and inspiring. You get to see first-hand how the money raised is used, and what a tremendous difference your effort can make in rural communities. It will change the way you see the world. An opportunity like this does not come around often – if ever – so you’d be crazy not to take it.”
Dietician and Founder of dietvsdisease.org
Participant in 2030 Leaders Program, Uganda 2017
"Since returning, I have had a greater shift in perspective on living life than expected. With access to knowledge and the most basic resources, we can live rewarding and fulfilling lives. It doesn't take much to live simply and happily, while still achieving great things."
Interim Regional Marketing Manager For ESRI Australia
Participant in 2030 Leaders Program, Uganda 2017
How Awaken works.
The process of transformation and leadership starts with your commitment to fundraise or personally invest a minimum of $10,000 to The Hunger Project New Zealand, which goes directly toward empowering women and men to end their own hunger. This leadership act will have you take actions that stretch you out of your comfort zone, and you will become an expert in having bold and courageous conversations to gain support for your journey.
Leading up to the programme country visit.
Through workshops, connecting online with other like-minded individuals every 6-8 weeks and meeting up locally, you will develop rich relationship, share your challenges and successes, reflect and reframe your experiences to keep you moving towards your goal. This active learning experience is intentionally designed to push you past your own limiting beliefs about what is possible.
Programme country visit.
Achieving your target has you realise what you are capable of and this is just the beginning. You’ll then venture on a journey to unlock your capacity, vision, creativity, commitment, and leadership, and connect with communities in one of our partner countries, who are making the courageous transformation from hunger and dependency to self-reliance every single day. You’ll meet women and men who are truly creating generational change through their participation in The Hunger Project’s training programmes.
Our trained facilitators guide you to create meaning from this powerful immersive experience and give you the tools to enter back into your own world awakened as a visionary, committed and active leader.
When: 11 - 17 August 2020.
What you need to know.
(Or personal investment).
$4,000 on-ground costs.
(Excludes fights, vaccinations, visas and insurance).
18 years old.
(Younger applicants considered on application).
- Ticket to our Rethinking What’s Possible leadership workshop.
- Accommodation for program dates listed.
- Airport transfers in Ghana upon program arrival & departure.
- All group meals as per itinerary.
- Bottled water and snacks.
- Private transport throughout Ghana.
- All workshops and community visits included in itinerary.
- Celebration dinner.
- THP Ghana Program Staff including translators.
- Program facilitator and support staff
- Basic first aid kit.
- International flights.
- Travel excursions not listed in itinerary.
- Travel insurance (compulsory).
- Vaccinations (please consult a travel vaccination specialist for up to date information).
- Airport transfers outside the itinerary.
- Hotel room charges for laundry, phone calls, room service meals and expenditure of a personal nature.
- Alcoholic beverages.
What will you get out of this?
As well as being able to see first-hand how your fundraising or investment can catalyse real change in communities fighting hunger and poverty, the programme will also allow you to:
- Discover your purpose and play a bigger game.
- Unlock your personal potential for greatness.
- Shift limiting mindsets and assist you in creating a new vision for you, your business, your organisation and the world.
- See challenges and opportunities through a new lens.
- Shift paradigms and interrupt conventional ways of thinking.
- Grow and stretch by taking actions that tap into your true creative self.
- Connect with like-minded people with whom you will share this incredible experience.
- Connect as a global citizen with our village partners and discover how to rethink what’s possible in your own life.
- Quench your thirst for travel and adventure and immerse yourself in a truly out-of-this-world experience like no other.